Thursday, March 15, 2007

Random Friday Thoughts


Decision 2008: Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of the 2008 Election already? Jesus, it's, what, 17 months away still? I guess it's a reflection of how eager we are to be rid of Dubya. I dig Obama, but in the end I just want a Democrat to win.

March Madness: My alma mater, Vanderbilt, won its first round of the NCAA! I might actually have to watch basketball this weekend. I can also claim Florida as an alma mater, since I went to grad school there. But I never liked Florida--the state, the school--so I don't bother to root for them.

Lost: I still love this show, despite what naysayers are saying. And I even love 24, even if one of its creators is an asshole rightwing freak.

Roommates: God, I so need to live alone. Or with someone rational and not a tidiness Nazi.

Weekend Reading: Got to finish a fantastic novel called Origin by Diana Abu-Jaber. I'm writing the press release for it (for another company; it's one of my side gigs that pays little but is still fun to do). Also, magazines. Stack and stacks piled in my room. Also Plainsong by Kent Haruf and Cures for Heartbreak by Margo Rabb.

No comments: