Friday, August 04, 2006

Done Deal


Well, I signed my contract last week, so it's a done deal! A nice check should be forthcoming. Now I just need to finish the book by January. I am done with Chapter 4, and this month I really want to finish Chapters 5 and 6. January--the due date--is going to sneak up on me. I am taking off a week in August for a little writing vacation. I really hope I'm productive, or else I'll have wasted a week. But it's hot and unpleasant outside, so it's the perfect weather to stay inside and write.

Actually, Chapter 1(with a few minor minor changes) of my novel has just been published in this YA anthology called Rush Hour. People who've read it have been very kind and encouraging, so it's nice to know that I'm on the right track. I'm actually reading the anthology right now. I loved the first story by Greg Galloway, and David Levithan's as well. I don't think they are going to publish the Rush Hour series anymore, however, which is sad. My agent says it was "ahead of its time." Oh well.

No comments: